Maria Sharapova was born on April 19, 1987 in the western Siberian town of Nyagan. Sharapova got the nickname ‘The Siberian Siren’ for the loud grunting sounds which accompanies her strokes. Her loudest grunts get as loud as 105 decibels.
- Maria signed her first deal with Nike in 1997 when she was only 11.
- London is one of her favorite cities, and she finds British accents sexy.
- Yellow and pink are her favorite colors.
- She likes Russian and Thai cuisine.
- She was the most searched athlete on Yahoo in 2005 and 2008.
- Is a UN Goodwill Ambassador.